We’ve all heard of spring cleaning, but the importance of cleaning is not tied down to that season. The winter season brings about environmental changes, such as drops in temperature, raises in barometric pressure, and more—and we should plan our cleaning routines accordingly. But above all, winter prompts cold and flu season. Adjust your cleaning habits, so you can keep a clean, healthy, and happy home. Here are 6 quick tips to avoid the spread of cold and flu germs this winter season in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Focus on consistent, regular cleaning rather than “binge cleaning,” or just doing it all on one day of the week. During those six other days in between, germs and bacteria will accumulate, and your family members will expose themselves to them before they’re able to be cleaned up. Be vigilant, especially when it comes to the kitchen and bathroom, as these are among the most trafficked areas. Sanitize highly frequented surfaces such as sink handles, doorknobs, and handles on the refrigerator, dishwasher, and cabinets to avoid cold and flu germs.
- If you’re going to be spending more time indoors because of the cold, take the time to go through your fridge. It’s not sanitary to keep items such as meat and produce that have far exceeded their expiration dates. They can cultivate a breeding ground for harmful bacteria.
- Be mindful of your Heating and Air Conditioning, or HVAC, by replacing your home’s air filters and having air ducts and vents professionally cleaned. Since you’ll likely be using your HVAC more heavily, in this case, for heating purposes, this is extra important. Cleaning these ducts clears away build-up to ensure proper airflow and ventilation. Allergens also tend to congregate in your home during this time.
- Because elements of your home tend to hold onto allergens and dust in the winter months, take this time to thoroughly wash your windows. They are very likely to congregate on those.
- If you own a fireplace and a chimney by default, have your chimney professionally cleaned and refreshed before it becomes your go-to!
- Declutter your home. Take all of this time to remove any unwanted or unnecessary items because if they are taking up space, that means they are also gathering dust, bacteria, and allergens.
Stay clean and healthy this winter season by being mindful of all of these tips to avoid the spread of cold and flu germs.
Quick & Clean is a veteran-owned and operated commercial cleaning service, proudly serving the Tallahassee area. Quick & Clean has experience in lobby cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and more. Expertise that’s guaranteed to leave a lasting and clean impression. Give us a call at (850) 765-0049 to learn more or to schedule your cleaning services today!