Spring Cleaning Benefits For Your Office
Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, and the rain is falling; spring is upon us! As the warm weather keeps rolling in, that feeling of a fresh start is in the air. That's why spring is the best time of the year to thoroughly clean and declutter your workspace. We highly encourage you to participate in office spring cleaning because of the many benefits that come along:
Clutter, disorganization, and uncleanliness can put anyone down. A clean and organized work environment will minimize distractions and will help your employees feel more productive and content in the office.
No more allergies!
Unfortunately, spring can bring about stuffy noses and swollen eyes in those who suffer from seasonal allergies because of all the pollen that is in the air. A regular cleaning routine and an air ventilation check during the springtime will ensure that your office is clear of any immune system triggers.
Studies have shown that people in a cluttered space have higher cortisol levels than those in a clean environment. Therefore, a clean workspace is sure to keep your employees calm and free of distractions. Don't delay on office spring cleaning!
Are you ready to get started on your office spring cleaning but don't know where to start? We're here to help with the tips listed below!
- Always start with a checklist. A checklist will make sure that you have a comprehensive plan behind your cleaning process. You will be less likely to forget about an area of your office.
- Clean areas of high contact. Areas of high-contact such as doorknobs, keyboards, desks, and drawer handles can get very dirty. You should have a plan to disinfect these surfaces regularly.
- Manage any cables and wires. Wires are notorious for getting tangled. To prevent this, use velcro strips to keep them intact.
- Don't forget about drawers! We tend to neglect drawers because they hide away any disorganization from an outside view. However, your drawers should be organized by category to help you and your employees find any materials you need quickly.
- Organize physical files. If paperwork is a part of your office, we suggest having a designated drawer with folders that organize your files by category. This drawer should be cleaned out regularly, and any files that are no longer being used should be shredded.
- Clean your computer. If digital files aren't managed properly, they can quickly become disorganized. We suggest encouraging your employees to create folders to organize their documents accordingly.
We hope we were able to inspire you to start your spring cleaning early this year! During the process, if you find that you need help with floor care, janitorial work, and/or window cleaning, Quick and Clean offers a variety of services to help your business shine! Give us a call today to learn more about what we offer.
Quick & Clean is a veteran-owned and operated commercial cleaning service, proudly serving the Tallahassee, Florida area. Quick & Clean has experience in lobby cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and more. Expertise that’s guaranteed to leave a lasting and clean impression. Give us a call at (850) 765-0049 to learn more or to schedule your cleaning services today!