Just like any other industry, the cleaning industry is constantly evolving, due to improvements in technology and new ideas for practices that facilitate the process. In fact, North America is the largest market for cleaning services in the world. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the cleaning services industry will see 10% job growth through 2026. As we dive deeper into 2020, there are several cleaning trends that have caught on for 2020.
- People are becoming more and more reliant on client testimonials, referring to frequent sites like Yelp in which other customers can leave reviews of certain services. Approximately 91% occasionally or regularly seek reviews on the Internet, with 84% deeply trust those reviews. As for cleaning services, it is essential to boost your reputation and encourage your clients to leave you reviews online for others to see and drive them to your business.
- Environmental friendliness is the new wave in recent years. Enterprises have been working towards developing more sustainable operations with the onslaught of threats of global warming. Between their desire to be eco-friendly and to avoid as many harmful chemicals as possible, customers are likely to invest in a service that is environmentally conscious in its practices. According to the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, green cleaning is “a marketplace phenomenon driven by customer demand and the overall trending of the broad marketplace for environmentally preferable products and services.” The variety of resources available will just go up from here!
- Automation is hot these days, with so many companies going digital. It is predicted that customer service within the cleaning service industry will become more automated through systems that can help with efficiency and consistency. This is done through channels such as chat boxes, Facebook messenger, and emails.
- Deep cleaning. You guessed it! Because of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, deep cleanings are more frequent and necessary to keep this virus at bay.
- More frequent cleanings. More frequent cleaning and disinfection are essential to reduce exposure to COVID-19. Therefore, the amount of times cleaning is exercised on a given day has vastly increased. Safety first!
We hope you enjoyed our list of the top cleaning trends in 2020.
Quick & Clean is a veteran-owned and operated commercial cleaning service, proudly serving the Tallahassee area. Quick & Clean has experience in lobby cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and more. Expertise that’s guaranteed to leave a lasting and clean impression. Give us a call at (850) 765-0049 to learn more or to schedule your cleaning services today!